Join us in Canmore to celebrate the world’s finest cross-country skiers! The prestigious COOP FIS Cross-Country World Cup is making its inaugural North American stop, and it’s all happening right here in Canmore, thanks to the Alberta World Cup Society.
This thrilling event, set against the stunning backdrop of the Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park, features a dynamic mix of sprint and long-distance races that are sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. But that’s not all; there’s a whole array of activities that will make your experience truly unforgettable:
- Grand Opening Ceremony: Kick off the festivities on February 8th at the Canmore Civic Centre in style.
- Artistic Stroll in the Woods: Embark on an enchanting “Art Walk” along the picturesque Legacy Trail, stretching from Downtown Canmore to the Canmore Nordic Centre. This walk is proudly co-sponsored by the Town of Canmore.
- COOP Mini World Cup: Calling all young adventurers! Children aged 12 and under are warmly invited to participate in the Mini World Cup course on Saturday, February 10th.
- Empowerment for Girls: The “Fast and Female Power Hour” welcomes girls between the ages of 8 and 14 to join an afternoon filled with engaging activities.
- Nordic Market: Be sure to explore the Nordic Market, showcasing an array of Nordic skiing brands, event sponsors, and local not-for-profit organizations.
- Fan Zones: Experience the electrifying atmosphere in our fan zones, designed to bring the competitions to life.
- Adopt-A-Nation Art Program: Local schools are partnering with our Adopt-A-Nation program to adorn downtown retail stores with captivating artwork for all to appreciate.
To make your visit hassle-free, we offer a convenient solution for limited parking – take advantage of the free shuttle service from downtown Canmore or, better yet, enjoy a scenic walk to the Canmore Nordic Centre along the Legacy Trail’s Art Walk. It’s a celebration of athleticism, art, and community that you won’t want to miss!