Direct billing is a such a great feature and we are happy to provide it. We know the convenience of getting coverage on the spot is invaluable in these busy times. However, there are a few variables that are out of our control when processing your claim. To help us mitigate some of these issues please ensure you have completed the following:
- Provide the insurance company’s name, plan number, member ID number and your relationship to the insured member correctly on your waiver ahead of time. This waiver is emailed to you upon booking your appointment. If you did not receive this email, check your spam folder or contact us. Please understand that if we do not receive your info prior to your arrival we may not have time to process your direct billing for that treatment but we will keep it all on file and be ready for your subsequent treatments.
- Be sure to provide any requirements your provider may need in advance of booking your appointment. Occasionally companies may request a doctors note. Some companies also require additional permission from you for businesses to direct bill on your behalf.
- Contact your company if you have any questions about your coverage. They will not provide us with any private information about you or your plan. Ask them if you are eligible for coverage of therapeutic massage, not all plans cover this. Find out how much coverage you are eligible for and when your plan rolls over.
If everything is in place there still may be the odd glitch in the system such as:
• Direct billing portal crash.
• Insurance company must manually process claim (may be closed on weekends).
• Benefits may be maxed.
• Doctor’s note needed.
• Invalid or incorrect policy information.
In the event that we can not process your direct billing we will need to obtain payment from you. We will happily provide a receipt for you to submit.